Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Trains in CALIFORNIA

TWO THINGS TO REPORT
1 I went to the Oakland Museum of California where I enjoyed the whole historical exhibit.  I got a couple of ideas for AmCon assignments.  And I was pleased to see as part of the transcontinental railroad exhibit a copy of Gast's painting.

2 Then on Monday I took the train from Oakland nearly to LA.  Our boarding was delayed nearly an hour as three private cars were added to the train.  The trip to Van Nuys took longer than driving would have done, but did allow me to see landscapes that are not  visible from the road.  We passed through NASA land.  I saw fields and fields of strawberries, lettuce, and other veggies.  I was reminded that many people in CA live in small houses surrounded by dry yards and a few plants. 

No comments: