Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to School!

My facebook page and hallway conversations have been full of news of kids beginning kindergarten, middle school, high school.  A cousin reported that even in the digital age, two dozen, number 2 pencils had been sharpened in preparation for his kids' first day of school.

Today is the first day of classes here at St. Olaf.  Some would say finally.  Their friends have been on campuses and in classes for days, even weeks.  I'll just say, "It is time."  The late summer blog posts by AmCon students, the chance encounters in the hallways, the students dropping by with news of summer, the photocopies of assignments sitting on my desk: these are all signs.  So too the little skip in my breath as I think about entering a classroom filled with a dozen-and-a-half new, first year students.  Being the same space with the students is what makes the energy flow!

No comments: